Terms and Conditions for Participation in Trade-In Program ("Program")
3. SCOPE AND EFFECTIVE DATE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS: These terms and conditions apply to your use of the Tool, the Site and your participation in the Program offered and maintained by Clover Wireless.
5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Program is offered and supported solely by Clover Wireless. Any and all transactions processed on this Site are exclusively the responsibility of Clover Wireless and the user. Neither Clover Wireless or Samsung will be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of or relating to the use or the inability to use this Tool, its content or links, including but not limited to damages caused by or related to errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, line failure, lost profits and all other direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary or consequential damages even if Clover Wireless and Samsung have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your exclusive remedy and the total liability of Clover Wireless or Samsung to you for all losses, damages, and causes of action, including but not limited to those based on contract, tort, or otherwise, arising out of your use of this Tool, its content or links, shall not exceed the amount you paid to access this Tool.
7. ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAM:
7.1 Prohibited Conduct. If you choose to participate in this Program, or a promotion or other Clover Wireless sponsored activity ("Web Site Activity"), you agree to comply with any rules or regulations governing such Web Site Activity. Additionally, as a condition of your continued participation in the Web Site Activity, you agree not to: 1) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; 2) harm minors in any way; 3) impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; 4) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Web Site Activity; 5) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); 6) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; 7) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; 8) upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; 9) interfere with or disrupt the service or servers or networks connected to the service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the service; 10) "stalk" or otherwise harass another person or entity; or 11) collect or store personal data about other users. You agree that violation of any of the foregoing, which shall be determined in Clover Wireless's sole discretion, will result in your immediate disqualification from participant in the Web Site Activity, and may result in additional legal actions being taken by Clover Wireless.
7.2 Program Requirements. In order to participate in the Program, you must have an eligible used device as defined by the on-line Tool. You can identify if the used device is eligible by utilizing the drop down menus to pick the make, model, and carrier for the used device. If you cannot find the make or model and believe this is in error, you can notify us via the Site's Customer Support page. The Program is only valid within the United States. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. The Program is not valid on stolen property. The site is for the exclusive use by consumers and is strictly prohibited for use by Wireless Dealer's or corporate accounts. There is a maximum of five (5) trade-ins per month per individual customer. A valid proof of purchase is a) an original invoice with the IMEI number printed on it or b) a copy of the UPC code with the IMEI code printed on it. A copy of a UPC code is only permitted once as a valid Proof of purchases. Clover Wireless has the right to reject any trade-ins for promotional trade-in submissions where 1) the used device is submitted by anyone other than the user of the used device and 2) when the used device was not active at the time of the new device purchase and 3) there is an invalid proof of purchase or 4) we believe there to be fraudulent intentions. Without a valid proof of purchase, you will not be paid the promotional trade-up amount.
8. HOW IT WORKS: The Tool will reflect the value of a used device based upon the manufacturer, model and condition of the device ("Trade-Up Value"). The Tool may present Available Promotions with an additional value based upon the trade-in device and new Samsung device that you purchased. The Tool will generate a receipt that which includes an acknowledgment by the you that (1) you understand you are selling the device in consideration for the Trade-Up Value; (2) by accepting such Trade-Up Value, you are giving up full ownership rights to the device; (3) you understand the device will not be eligible for return; (4) you are responsible for removal of all personal information before relinquishment of handset; (5) you have been advised of any return policy regarding the purchase of a new handset or accessory; and (6) you are responsible for deactivating the used device and ensuring you retire any outstanding balance. Used devices received after 30 days following the initial quote date or after the promotional postmark date will be rejected or re-priced at the current market price solely at the discretion of Clover Wireless. Failure to accept the terms and conditions, shall impact your eligibility to participate in this Program.
9. DEACTIVATION OF SERVICE: Clover Wireless, its vendors or Samsung are not responsible for previous or subsequent airtime charges accrued to your device prior to or following participation in the Program. Should any airtime charges occur, it is your responsibility to resolve any payments issues.
10. VALID ESN OR IMEI NUMBERS: All used devices must have a valid Electronic Serial Number (ESN), International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, or Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID).
11. CONDITION OF TRADE-UP PRODUCT: To receive your full redemption value, you must accurately state the condition of the used device and have all required documentation. An inspection will be performed by Clover Wireless upon receipt of your used device. The used device must power up, and be fully functional, with no liquid damage or mechanical damage and no missing parts. In order to receive your credit, Clover Wireless must first receive your used device and the printed redemption form supplied by the tool upon acceptance, which form has been signed by you. If the used device's condition differs materially from that which you described, Clover Wireless reserves the right to unilaterally re-price your transaction quote based upon the current Trade-Up Value for the condition of your used device. In the event the used device does not meet the Trade-Up requirement, Clover Wireless will make an adjusted payment based upon the current price list for the model and condition of the used device.
12. RIGHT, TITLE AND INTEREST IN THE USED DEVICE: You must verify that you own the right, title, and interest in the used device Traded-Up in the program.
13.RETURN OF USED DEVICE OR CONTENT THEREIN: Once you trade-in used device, Clover Wireless or its vendors will not be able to return the used device or any of its contents including accessories or data contained in the used device. All transactions are final and non-returnable. There will be no substitutes or replacements provided.
14. PAYMENT: The redemption value can be applied as stated on the redemption form generated by the Trade-Up tool upon your acceptance. After purchase, you must ship in the used device within 30 days or the required postmark date, whichever comes first and meet the eligibility requirements. We will send you a check within 10 days of receiving your device. Please note the check is mailed from Clover Wireless, not Samsung.
15.PREPARING THE USED DEVICE FOR TRADE-UP: To receive your redemption value, you must include the requested documentation including the system generated trade-in voucher, Proof or Purchase or other and ship in the used handset you wish to recycle to Clover Wireless. Proof of purchases may be copied only once from an original document. Clover Wireless or its vendors are not responsible for items that are lost or stolen in transit. Clover Wireless has the right to deny any trade-in claim without a valid Proof of Purchase.
16. REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA FROM THE USED DEVICE: Clover Wireless will remove any personal data from your used device. You may also choose to remove all personal or confidential information yourself. For information on how to remove personal data, please see the FAQ 'How do I remove data from my old Wireless Device?' available online.
18. TERMINATION: You agree that Clover Wireless in its sole discretion, may terminate or restrict your use or access to this Program (or any part thereof) for any reason, including, without limitation, that Clover Wireless believes you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms of Service, the terms, conditions, or rules of a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion contained within the Site.
19. PRIVACY AND INFORMATION SHARING: In order to fulfill your Trade-Up request, you will share your contact information with Clover Wireless.
20. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: If you have any questions that the Trade-Up Tool's FAQs page cannot answer, please notify us by completing the form on the Trade-Up Tool's Customer Support page.
SAMSUNG TRADE-IN TABLET OFFER
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF QUALIFYING PURCHASE.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE UNITED STATES TERRITORIES AND POSSESSION, AND WHEREVER ELSE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
OFFER VALID WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.
1 ELIGIBILITY: This Samsung Trade-In S2 Tablet Offer (the “Offer”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years old at the time of purchase. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Individuals who meet these eligibility requirements are referred to herein as “Participants.”
2 THE OFFER PERIOD AND REDEMPTION PERIOD: The Offer begins August 26, 2015 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends September 26, 2015 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Offer Period”). Offer will close upon receipt of these valid Offer claims. Your used device must be received by October 15th, 2015 to qualify for the Offer.
3 HOW TO RECEIVE OFFER AND LIMITATIONS: To redeem the Offer, a Participant must complete the following:
During the Offer Period, you must purchase a new Samsung Tab S2 9.7” or Samsung Tab S2 8.0” and Trade-in any working tablet with a minimum of a $50 trade-in value (“Eligible Trade-in Device”) and you will receive the trade-in value plus an additional $50 Samsung credit if redeemed within the offer period. You must purchase a new Samsung Tab S2 9.7” or Samsung Tab S2 8.0” S2 (“Samsung Tab S2”) directly from Samsung and shipped from and sold by www.Samsung.com and have an eligible used device to trade in as defined by the Program. An “Eligible Trade-in Device” is a Tablet that has a trade-in value of $50 or higher as determined by the trade-in tool and meets the other requirements described below. Not all tablets are eligible for trade-in. Trade in value may vary. Condition, documentation and accessories may affect value.
Limit one (1) Offer per person and up to three (3) Offers per household. Offer requests in excess of the foregoing limitation will not be honored or acknowledged.
4 LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Officers, directors, agents and employees of the Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliated entities, and each of their respective advertising, promotion and web design agencies, independent contractors involved in the administration of the Offer (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as "Offer Entities") are not responsible for: (i) damage to any person’s computer related to participating in the Offer; (ii) illegible, unintelligible, postage due, misdirected, delayed, undelivered, damaged, late, lost or stolen purchases or incorrect or inaccurate registration or order information, or human errors that may occur in the administration of the Offer; or (iii) for any typographical errors in any Offer-related materials. All registrations and all elements thereof will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. If in the judgment of Sponsor, the Offer is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, which in Sponsor’s judgment, may corrupt the administration, security, or fairness of the Offer, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Offer. OFFER ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT REGARDING THE OFFER.
5 RELEASE: Offer Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility, and each Participant (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to hold Offer Entities harmless from all liability for any costs, claims, damages or any other injury (whether due to negligence or otherwise), disability or loss to any person or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights such as right of publicity/privacy, libel or slander) due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Offer, the delivery and/or subsequent acceptance of, use or misuse of any Offer, or any Offer related activity. Offer Entities are not responsible for any loss (financial or otherwise), liability, injury (including death) or damage to persons or property, which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the purchase of, use or misuse of any Offer related product. Offer Entities further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Offer for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any Offer or due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
7 HOW IT WORKS: During the program period, simply purchase a new Samsung Tab S2 Tablet from www.Samsung.com. Your ship to and bill to address must be within the U.S. in order to participate in the Program and then trade-in the Eligible Trade-in Device. Refurbished Samsung Tab S2s are not eligible. The Samsung Trade-Up site located at http://SamsungUpgrade.com will provide, in advance, a trade-in value based upon the model and the represented condition of the Eligible Trade-In Device ("Trade-In Value"). The Trade-in Credit and Samsung Promotional Credit will be paid will be paid via a check in 6-8 weeks from the time of receipt of your used eligible device. By submitting the trade-in and otherwise participating in the Program you acknowledge and agree that (1) you understand you are selling Eligible Trade-In Device for the Trade-In Value; (2) by accepting such Trade-In Value, you are giving up all right, title and interest in and to Trade-In Device; (3) you understand that the Eligible Trade-In Device will under no circumstances be returned to you; (4) you are responsible for removal of all personal information, data and files before shipping the Eligible Trade-In Device; (5) you have been advised of any return policy regarding the purchase of the Samsung Tab S2 and any associated accessories; and (6) you are responsible for deactivating the Eligible Trade-In Device prior to shipping it and ensuring you pay any outstanding balance for services related to the Eligible Trade-In Device and/or any outstanding purchase, early termination or other fees associated with the Eligible Trade-In Device. Trade-In devices must meet minimum criteria in order to qualify. All transactions are final and non-returnable. You must upload a copy of your Samsung Invoice with valid Invoice number into the Trade-in tool as verification of purchase within thirty (30) days of shipment to you of your new Samsung Tab S2. In no event will any Trade-In Value or Samsung Top-Up or Offer Total be paid after October 15, 2015.
8 DEACTIVATION OF SERVICE: If applicable, You must deactivate your Eligible Trade-In Device from service prior to shipping it in. Clover Wireless, its vendors or Samsung, are not responsible for previous or subsequent airtime or other charges accrued or relating to your Eligible Trade-In Device
9 VALID ESN OR IMEI NUMBERS: All Eligible Trade-In Devices must have a valid Electronic Serial Number (ESN) or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, or Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID). The new Samsung Tab S2 must have a device Serial Number indicating that it was purchased from www.Samsung.com and a copy of your valid invoice uploaded to the Trade-in Tool. Samsung Tab S2s purchased or otherwise obtained through other channels are not eligible for the Program.
10 CONDITION OF TRADE-UP PRODUCT: To receive your Trade-In Value, you must accurately state the condition of the Eligible Trade-In Device. An inspection will be performed by Clover Wireless upon receipt of your Eligible Trade-In Device. The Eligible Trade-In Device must power up, be fully functional, have no liquid damage, no screen damage, and no mechanical damage, and have all its parts and if applicable have the “kill switch” or “Find My iPhone” feature must be turned off. In order to be eligible to receive your Trade-In Value, along with any Samsung Top-Up, Clover Wireless must first receive your Eligible Trade-In Device before the expiration of any deadline described in the Program Terms, along with the printed trade-up voucher supplied as part of the Program and a copy of the Samsung Invoice number for the purchase of the new Samsung Tab S2. If the Eligible Trade-In Device’s condition differs materially from that which you described, Clover Wireless reserves the right to unilaterally change the Trade-In Value in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event the used device does not meet a Program requirement or is not an Eligible Trade-In Device, Clover Wireless will make an adjusted payment, including at its option no payment at all, based upon the condition and eligibility of the device received. Trade-in devices will not be returned.
11 PROOF OF PURCHASE: You must upload your valid proof of purchase for the new Samsung Tab S2 into the Trade-in tool to receive your Trade-In Value and Samsung Top-Up. Valid proof of purchase is: a copy of your invoice provided by www.Samsung.com that shows the make, model and purchase date, net purchase price and indicates that the Samsung Tab S2 was purchased from www.Samsung.com within the dates specified. Note: proof of purchase must be sufficient to demonstrate that you did not take advantage of or combine this offer with any additional offers, including but not limited to special, limited time pricing discounts or rebates. All transactions are final and non-returnable. There will be no substitutes or replacements provided.
12 PREPARING THE TRADE-UP PRODUCT FOR TRADE-UP: To receive the Offer Total, you must enter your Samsung Order Number for the new Tab S2 and include the system generated trade-up voucher and ship in the Eligible Trade-In Device. The foregoing items must be received. Samsung, Clover Wireless or affiliates are not responsible for items that are damaged, lost or stolen in transit. Samsung has the right to deny any Program claim without a valid proof of purchase or if you do not otherwise meet or comply with the Program Terms.
13 TERMINATION: You agree that Clover Wireless or Samsung, in its sole discretion, may terminate the Program or restrict your use or access to this Program (or any part thereof) for any reason, including, without limitation, that Clover Wireless or Samsung believes you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Program Terms or other terms and conditions applicable to this or any other program with Samsung.
14 GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Terms and Conditions. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Participant. This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, rebate, discount or coupon. Duplicate or non-conforming requests will not be honored or returned. Not available to clubs, organizations or groups. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, the Offer and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. Offer cannot be combined with, and is not valid with, any other rebate, offer, discount, promotion or program. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Offer; to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Offer. In the event of any conflict with any Offer details contained in these Terms and Conditions and Offer details contained in Offer Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Offer as set forth in these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
Sponsor: Samsung Electronics America, Inc. 85 Challenger Road, Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660.
© 2015 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.